Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snap Shots and Salad

Yesterday {the first day with sunshine we have had in over a week}, I attempted to take some pictures of the boys for our Christmas cards. I know....it is a week before Christmas and I am just now taking their picture! I am a procrastinator, but when I get started I work fast because the cards are already in the mail this morning! Anyway, I thought I would share a few of the pictures from our "photo shoot" that didn't make it on the Christmas card.


Henry and Grant are getting to the age where they cooperate pretty well with picture taking. Eli, on the other hand, couldn't have been less interested in looking at the camera and smiling. It is SUPER hard to get a cute picture of three little boys! Especially when it is cold outside, and they are running around barefoot because I thought it would look cute in the pictures! Don't worry it wasn't too cold, and I was barefoot too! Luckily I did get a few cute shots with all three kiddos looking at the camera. I will share our Christmas card and a few other shots later on in the week!

**********************

I made a SUPER yummy Caesar Salad with homemade croutons for dinner a few nights ago. It was so good...and easy to make.

For the salad I used the classic Romain lettuce, Parmesan cheese, and {not homemade} Caesar dressing.

To make the croutons, I took some leftover french bread and cut it into small cubes. I melted a few tablespoons of butter and stirred in a little minced garlic. I tossed the cubed bread into the butter and garlic mixture and then baked them on 400 for about 25 minutes { until they were golden brown and slightly crunchy}.
Toss the croutons into the salad and be sure to save a few croutons for your kiddos {who think eating just the croutons counts as eating salad}!

I think we may be having salad again for dinner tonight! YUM!


Pin It!

14 comments:

{Kimber} said...

I love the outtakes :)

Jen said...

Those are adorable pictures, all would have made a great card. I love the bare feet!

Kelli said...

If you see a tall Black man at your door it's just Rondell coming to live with you because you make things he would LOVE! The boys are so cute...I love the bare feet and the sweater vests.

Foursons said...

Your boys are so cute. I just want to squeeze them!

Yummy- homemade croutons! You are really shootin' for Mother of the Year this year, aren't you?

He & Me + 3 said...

You boys are adorable and I love their outfits. Yum to the salad...my favorite.

KTW said...

Your guys are doll babies! :) Love the pics. And as for homemade croutons, I've never tried making them before but now I think I'll have to do just that! There are a couple of restaurants we love just because they have those slightly crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, deliciously seasoned croutons. Yours look lots like those! :)

More Than Words said...

Love the picture of your cute boys!!!!

And mmmmmm on the croutons!

Emily said...

that salad looks healthier than I like to eat at the holidays! :) And AMEN with getting the one year old in pictures...they sure are cute, though!

Carrie said...

OH, the boys look so adorable! I bet the card is SO CUTE! And my kids love just croutons too! Looks delicious!

amanda said...

the pictures are so cute. i never got around to doing pictures. so that means no cards either. but it's so funny to see green grass in december!! lol. it'll be a long time before that's back here. :0(

Anonymous said...

I have to get my cards out this weekend. The photos of the boys are adorable and turned out wonderful!

Angie said...

Croutons...my mouth is watering just thinking about them!! I love salad and homemade croutons make the perfect salad!!

I love the pics of the boys...they are SO cute. The 1st one is my fav!

And barefeet...great idea...love it!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

So cute! They should have all been on there ;) The salad looks yummy too!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love the outtakes! I still have to take our picture, lol!
That salad looks so yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...