Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

30 Minutes in the Day of a Stay at Home Mom

Go to the closet with a few shirts and Jason's dress pants.

Drop pants on the floor so that you can hang up the shirts.

Dig around for a few empty hangers.

Hang up shirts, then remember you really should get something started for dinner.

Go to the kitchen, open the cabinet and decide to make chili for dinner.

Head to the can opener and open a ton of cans and dump them in a pot.

Put the pot on the stove, then remember that Henry's lunch for tomorrow hasn't been made yet.

Get out all the lunch making supplies {bread, peanut butter, chips, carrots, pudding, and a capri sun}.

Ask your oh so well behaved children to please stop being so annoying....or least be a little more quiet while they are being annoying!

Finish making Henry's lunch and stick it back in the fridge.

Check your email, then remember that there is another load of laundry in the dryer.

Grab the laundry basket and head to your room to fold some clothes.

Come back to the kitchen to stir the chili and notice the pile of dirty dishes that need to be loaded into the dishwasher.

Load dishes, then remember that you didn't finish folding that last load of laundry.

Stick your head in the living room to make sure that Eli is holding his own against his big brothers.

Again, ask beg your children to stop being so LOUD and annoying...briefly consider that a small strip of tape would quiet them down a little...then reconsider, because you could get in big trouble for that that is something you would never really do!

Go back to finish folding the laundry and then put the clothes away in the closet.

Look down and realize that you left Jason's dress pants on the floor more than 30 minutes ago!

Sometimes I feel like I am just running in circles and getting very little done! Please tell me I'm not the only one who has days like that?!?
Pin It!

15 comments:

{Kimber} said...

I don't know how you do it!!!!

Ann said...

Nope, you're not the only one. I feel this way all the time. I get so tired of telling Logan and the girls to quiet down that eventually I completely tune out and ignore.

Leslie said...

Sounds like par for the course to me. :) I'm constantly starting one chore which sends me to another which sends me to another and so on until I realize hours later that I never really even got into the one thing that I planned on doing. :) At least you're being productive, even if it IS in circles. :)

Stephanie said...

Oh yes sounds like a normal day around here too :) Isn't it just wonderful?!?

He & Me + 3 said...

Were you at my house yesterday. We never have any hangers & I always have 6 things going at once

Kelli said...

We are the same person! I don't stay home, but when I'm at home that is how I am. Rondell makes fun of me, but there is ALWAYS something to do. Keep up your GREAT work girly!

Angie said...

Ha! Sound EXACTLY like my days!!

Great post Kelli!

More Than Words said...

LOLOL..tell kids to stop being so annoying!!!!!!!

Mandy T said...

I do that all the time as of right now im trying to change sheets on the kids beds before bed time clean the kitchen do laundry adn play on the computer. I have to say we multitask alot!!

Carrie said...

So funny...and true! I get distracted SO EASILY and it's no wonder I don't get much accomplished! The computer, of course is a big distraction...I need to hide it somewhere! At least you start dinner...I just think about it...and then do something else! haha!

Miller Racing Family said...

Bless your heart. I think all of us moms can totally relate. Loved that I am not the only one who can't find an empty hanger when I need one. The annoying kid comments put a smile on my face.
Have a fabulous day (when you get a chance to sit down)

Foursons said...

I'm right there with you! Too bad about that tape though.

Nocona said...

Sounds like my day and I did keep up through the post to see if you went back to the pants. Lol! Cute blog.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It sounds like a typical day in my house!!!

Kim3278 said...

That is my typical day in a nutshell. There is always something! Always.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...