Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Little Easter Happy

I'm pretty sure I've confessed my love for the Dollar Spot section at Target at least a hundred times here. I seriously can't go into Target without getting at least one SUPER cute item from the Dollar Spot. It is a great place to pick up treats for the kiddos, party favors, and holiday decor. But my favorite things to find in the Dollar Spot are "happies". You know the stuff I'm taking about...the cute stuff like notepads, picture frames, & pens. I also LOVE all the different containers!

The Dollar Spot is my go to place for teacher happies all year long! A few weeks ago I came across these cute metal buckets {with super adorable gingham ribbon handles} and I knew they would be perfect for some fun spring/Easter happies for the boys' teachers! 
 I picked up a few beauty supplies to place in the Dollar Spot buckets. I figured nail polish would be a great Easter gift so that their teachers could have pretty toes to go with new Easter dresses and shoes:)
****
nail polish {$2 in the beauty section}
nail file {$1 on end cap in the beauty section}
nail polish remover pads {$2 for a pack of ten in the beauty section. Each teacher got two & they are inside the eggs}
Burts Bees Chap-stick {2 pack for $5. Each teacher got one}
 a pretty floral note pad {$1 in the Dollar Spot}
& a cute chalkboard sign {$1 in the Dollar Spot}
****
All that was left was to assemble!
I started by stuffing an empty Target bag into the bucket and then topping it with some white shredded paper....green Easter grass would be really cute too, but the only Easter grass I had was in the boys' baskets and I didn't want to steal theirs:) I wrote a cute Happy Easter note on the chalkboard sign and stuck in in the back, then added all the other happies to the bucket...including the filled Easter egg  to make it look extra Easter-y!
**So if you are looking for some happies to make someone's day a little more special, head to Target & the Dollar Spot!**
Linking up here..
Tatertots and Jello
Serenity Now
Someday Crafts
Skip to my Lou
Pin It!

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Thanks for the post, Kelli! This is such a great idea! It's also a gift that teachers aren't going to get a half dozen of the same thing. I love it! Thank you so much for sharing!

Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter!
~Tricia

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

I love the Dollar Spot too!!
it's like a sickness :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

A cute and thoughtful gift. :) I know you'll have some happy teachers on your hands!!

Unknown said...

I love the dollar spot too! I always stop there to peak around- and usually end up leaving with a few things in my cart. The stuff is so cheap and sooo cute! How could anyone pass it up!

-kendall
songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com

Thanks for the idea!

Paula@SweetPea said...

You are so nice to do this for the teachers. I'd think I'd died and gone to heaven if I were presented with a teacher gift this cute.

The Pink Giraffe said...

LOVE the dollar bins at Target, especially this time of year when they have such fun Easter colors!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I bet their teachers love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...